Monday, August 08, 2005

On Thursday, I cut up some of my Early Girl tomatoes and black pear heirloom tomatoes into a salad with fresh mozzarella from Cowgirl Creamery in the Ferry Building. I also added fresh basil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and hazelnut oil. (I was held up on the bus by two shouting women--one fat lady shouting at one Chinese lady to "go back to China" so I missed my usual bus home and decided to stop by the Ferry Building.)

On Friday, Rahul and I infuriated waiters by eating one $3 taco each, with glasses of water, before the Teenage Fanclub concert at Bimbo's.

On Saturday, I cooked tomato scrambled eggs and fried polenta, and we went to see Cyrano de Bergerac and ate trail mix.

On Sunday I ate with my parents at a vegetarian Chinese restaurant. It was OK. We had Hong Kong-style desserts afterwards that were wonderful:

Mango pudding with frozen coconut milk on top
Chilled liquidy/cornstarchy mango pudding with tapioca
watermelon juice with blended frozen coconut milk on top

I cooked some tomato sauce thickened with almond butter and creme fraiche and laced with basil, shallots and red bell peppers (sort of a deconstructed Romesco). It was a bit too rich.

No comments: