Tuesday, August 24, 2004

After Rahul and I went for a bike ride to the Peralta Community Garden and back,

I cooked up some polenta:
3 cups water
1 cup polenta
1/2 tsp salt
1 chicken bouillon cube (I figure it's OK as long as I'm just using it up)

I spread it on waxed paper in a baking dish and let it cool in the fridge. In the meantime, I turned my tomato soup into sauce:

Sliced up a couple handfuls of fresh button mushrooms.
Browned them in olive oil.
Threw them into the soup with a handful of dried oregano.
Added a handful of fresh basil leaves, minced with the mezzaluna.

Then I sliced the polenta into squares and fried it in butter and oil, poured sauce over the top, added some sprinkles of vegan mozzarella, and melted the "cheese" in the microwave.

I ate some delicious black seedless grapes for dessert.

No comments: